The following post is written by Zachary Kale, one of the songwriters of “Forever King” and worship pastor of our Sugarloaf Campus.
Download: Click Here to Download (right-click > save-as)
I’m not a stranger to death, to disease, to heartache, to stress, to anxiety, to fear, or to weakness. For almost 2 decades I’ve stood on the stage leading worship and sat on couches listening to heartbreak and I’ve found that neither are the people of God.
As Andy Cherry and myself penned the lyrics and melody to “Forever King,” we only had one focus in mind:
- that the weak would see Jesus as their strength
- that the heartbroken would declare that He is their restoration
- that the sick would believe He is their healer
- that the lost would know they are found
- that all within the Church would have power to live because of the work Jesus did on the cross and through the power of His resurrection
He is forever King and we will spend all of eternity telling Him.
If you’d like to listen to more of Zach’s music, check out his album, “One”, on iTunes.